WnCC - Seasons of Code
Seasons of Code is a programme launched by WnCC along the lines of the Google Summer of Code. It provides one with an opprtunity to learn and participate in a variety of interesting projects under the mentorship of the very best in our institute.
List of Projects
- KontaKt App
- Sudoku Spoiler
- GLSL Raytracing
- Decentralized Land Registration on Ethereum
- Galactic Collision Simulator
- Competetive coding
- The Unreasonable Effectiveness of Recurrent Neural Networks
- Generating a human pose dataset using PC games
- Monte Carlo Path Tracing Renderer
- Tabbing App
- Geo-location Augmented Reality
- AR chess app
- Prevention of Sophisticated DoS attack / Network Security
- Winning a Deep Learning challenge
- Automated Fiducial Localisation from MRI/CT Images
- Panorama in Cam Scanner
- 3D Object Reconstruction from Single Image
- Statistical Modelling of Star Maps
- Face Recognition Systems
- Competitive Coding
- Can Machines Identify Genres?
- Joint Modelling of Source Code and Natural Language
- Front end development for FOSSEE websites
- Institute Delivery System
- Capture The Swag
- Panorama in Cam-Scanner
- Poisson Solver with Image Editing
- Blind Source Separation
- FAQ Bot for Freshmen
- Capturing semantic structures in Neural Machine Translation
This project focuses on building a Decentralised Application (DApp) for registering land and using it as collateral for transactions. Being on the blockchain, all the registrations would be publicly verifiable and disputes could be settled with ease.
In countries like India where the land records are maintained with human intervention are perennially marred with presumption and excessive bureaucracy, leading to legal disputes. Land is a precious asset that can be used as a collateral or used for many other productive purposes only if the title deeds are indisputable and are derived using a transparent process.
To apply for the project, draft a short proposal mentioning clearly your familiarity with Coding (need not be Blockchain in specific). Also mention your Github handles in the proposal.
|Week 1-2||Read resources provided by us on Blockchain Dev, Ethereum and Land Registration to understand what you will be building. Also complete the Smart Contract Development training on CryptoZombies.|
|Week 3-4||Familiarise with tools and services like Truffle, Ganache, IPFS, Metamask, Remix and Ethereum Testnets and understand the Smart Contracts for the DApp|
|Week 4-7||Build the frontend for the DApp and suggest improvements to the existing smart contracts.|
|Week 8 and later||Search for bugs in the application and fix them; Try to improve the UI/UX (User Interface/User Experience) of the DApp|