WnCC - Seasons of Code
Seasons of Code is a programme launched by WnCC along the lines of the Google Summer of Code. It provides one with an opprtunity to learn and participate in a variety of interesting projects under the mentorship of the very best in our institute.
List of Running Projects
- Browser Based PDF manager
- Resume Script Generator
- Physicc : A Simple Physics Engine
- Image Colorization
- Language Model Based Syntax Autocompletion in a Text Editor
- Computer vision based web app
- Cribbit Cribbit (Open for PGs Only)
- Techster Texter
- Language Detection
- Book Tracker
- ResoBin - Not the bin we deserve but the bin we need!
- Agree to disagree
- Watson (World's smartest assistant in your pocket)
- Meta Learning - Learning to Learn
- Break free of the matrix, by building one!
- Procedurally Generated Infinite Open World
- Introduction to App Development
- PAC MAN
- Introduction to Web Development
- Goal ICPC
- Traffic congestion modelling and rendering
- Tools for Data Science
- Machine Learning Based Metropolitan Air Pollution Estimation
- Audio controlled drone
- NLPlay with Transformers
- DIY FaceApp
- A Deep Dive into CNNs
- Competitive Coding
- Snake AI
- Facial Recognition App
- Gaming meets AI !!!
- R(ea)L Trader
- Computational Geometry
- Deep reinforcement learning - 2048 AI
- Reinforcement Learning to Finance
- Developing Hybrid ANN-Statistical Model for Robust Stock Market Prediction
- Astronomical Data-modelling and Interpretation
- Visual Perception for Self Driving Cars
- Convolutional Neural Networks and Applications
- Quantum Computing Algorithms
- Algorithm Visualizer
- Anime Club IITB Website using Django
- Machine Learning in Browser
IITinder? A Tinder for IITians? Yes but No.
IITinder is not only meant for dating.
No. of mentees:5
Pre-requisites: Basic conecpt of OOPS, loops and functions.
Okay,then how is it different from Tinder?
The motive of the app is kind of similar to Bumble BFF/Friender. It should help IITians make new connections within and across institutions with the people(verified because they are your own batchmates) having similar interests.
Want to make new friends? Need people to collaborate for a project? Need a Salsa/Prom Night Partner?Need a person to go for a walk/library? Wanna try out casual dating?
Five Problems, One Solution- IITinder.
Sounds Interesting? But what about the tech part?
Keeping in mind the background of most of the people, we will use Android Studio(JAVA). If mentees are open to more challenging work we can work on Flutter as well. Do mention your preference in the proposal!
For the backend, we will use Firebase to start with. If time permits, we can switch to more advanced frameworks.
We want to guide our mentees to create a well sophisticated application(APP) which would probably be in the smart phones of all IITians in the next few months. We have a basic pre idea of features that app should have, but if something creative comes up from our mentees we will be glad to hear and discuss.
P.S:- Any background in android studio or app development in general will grab a little more attraction(NOT A PREREQUISITE). All we need is lots of enthusiasm and a “not giving up” spirit.
Tentative Project Timeline
|Week Number||Tasks to be Completed|
|Week 1||Setting up Android Studio, Understanding Git and Version Control, Building your first App|
|Week 2-3||Basic Screens: Splash, Login, Registration, Contact Us|
|Week 4-5||Profile Building, Match Making Algorithms|
|Week 6-7||App Main Page: Feed, Features; Connections|
|Week 8||Buffer Week|
|Week 9||Final Testing and Fixing Bugs|