WnCC - Seasons of Code
Seasons of Code is a programme launched by WnCC along the lines of the Google Summer of Code. It provides one with an opprtunity to learn and participate in a variety of interesting projects under the mentorship of the very best in our institute.
List of Projects
- KontaKt App
- Sudoku Spoiler
- GLSL Raytracing
- Decentralized Land Registration on Ethereum
- Galactic Collision Simulator
- Competetive coding
- The Unreasonable Effectiveness of Recurrent Neural Networks
- Generating a human pose dataset using PC games
- Monte Carlo Path Tracing Renderer
- Tabbing App
- Geo-location Augmented Reality
- AR chess app
- Prevention of Sophisticated DoS attack / Network Security
- Winning a Deep Learning challenge
- Automated Fiducial Localisation from MRI/CT Images
- Panorama in Cam Scanner
- 3D Object Reconstruction from Single Image
- Statistical Modelling of Star Maps
- Face Recognition Systems
- Competitive Coding
- Can Machines Identify Genres?
- Joint Modelling of Source Code and Natural Language
- Front end development for FOSSEE websites
- Institute Delivery System
- Capture The Swag
- Panorama in Cam-Scanner
- Poisson Solver with Image Editing
- Blind Source Separation
- FAQ Bot for Freshmen
- Capturing semantic structures in Neural Machine Translation
This project aims at making tabulation easy and accurate in tournamnets.
Problem Statement : Tabbing app is an initiative to create a platform for easier and accurate tabulation of scores and teams for national and international debate tournaments. It would majorly involve creating match ups for teams based on their performance and allocating them rooms and judges for all rounds of the tournament and update their scores accordingly to announce winners. The broad aim is to reduce human errors and the time taken to manually take care of scores by directly providing a link to participants and judges for the updation of scores without the involvement of organizers.
The technical aspects:
The API Backend of the app, which is a RESTful API in Django. This project enforces very strict coding standards and testing routines, so you will essentially learn not only Python and Django, but software development as a whole.
You will also learn a lot about relational databases and their real time applications.
If time permits, we can also make an android app for the same.
If you are not already familiar with these, you will also learn what REST is, how APIs function, writing tests and ensuring code coverage, what are the security issues and how they are fixed, authorization and authentication in a highly complex permissions model and working with relational databases.
|Week Number||Tasks to be Completed|
|Week 1||Learning Django(REST API) and HTML. An overview of python|
|Week 2||Login page and navigation tab(Dashboard, Participants, Standing, Settings, Motions, Rounds, Breaks, Break Rounds).|
|Week 3||Completing the HTML part of the pages(i.e. the headings,etc) and Basic elements of the dashboard page.|
|Week 4||Storing database of participants, institutions, adjudicators and venues by uploading excel sheets.|
|Week 5||The basic pages- Participants, Standings, Motions.|
|Week 6||Match-ups of the teams and setting up the rounds.|
|Week 7||Creating Django forms for direct score updation.|
|Week 8||Setting up breaks according to the scores.|