WnCC - Seasons of Code
Seasons of Code is a programme launched by WnCC along the lines of the Google Summer of Code. It provides one with an opprtunity to learn and participate in a variety of interesting projects under the mentorship of the very best in our institute.
List of Projects
- Emoji Predictor
- FAQ Bot for Freshmen
- Capturing semantic structures in Neural Machine Translation
- Automated Fiducial Localisation from MRI/CT Images
- 3D Object Reconstruction from Single Image
- Statistical Modelling of Star Maps
- Face Recognition Systems
- Competitive Coding
- Can Machines Identify Genres?
- Monte Carlo Path Tracing Renderer
- Joint Modelling of Source Code and Natural Language
- Panorama in Cam Scanner
- Front end development for FOSSEE websites
- Institute Delivery System
- Capture The Swag
- Panorama in Cam-Scanner
- Poisson Solver with Image Editing
- Blind Source Separation
The task is to identify all constellations in images of the sky.
Statistical Modelling of Star Maps
“This is more of a long time pet project, which I feel I now have some idea on how to solve. The task is to identify all constellations in images of the sky. On a superficial level, this is an image to image conversion problem. But the task is a lot simpler since we simply need to draw particular lines on an image to form a connect graph.
As a first task, we can train a model which searches for a particular constellation. As the second, more challenging task, we attempt to identify all constellations in the image.
While I am more keen on using graphical models here, CNNs might simplify the work tremendously.”