WnCC - Seasons of Code
Seasons of Code is a programme launched by WnCC along the lines of the Google Summer of Code. It provides one with an opprtunity to learn and participate in a variety of interesting projects under the mentorship of the very best in our institute.
List of Projects
- KontaKt App
- Sudoku Spoiler
- GLSL Raytracing
- Decentralized Land Registration on Ethereum
- Galactic Collision Simulator
- Competetive coding
- The Unreasonable Effectiveness of Recurrent Neural Networks
- Generating a human pose dataset using PC games
- Monte Carlo Path Tracing Renderer
- Tabbing App
- Geo-location Augmented Reality
- AR chess app
- Prevention of Sophisticated DoS attack / Network Security
- Winning a Deep Learning challenge
- Automated Fiducial Localisation from MRI/CT Images
- Panorama in Cam Scanner
- 3D Object Reconstruction from Single Image
- Statistical Modelling of Star Maps
- Face Recognition Systems
- Competitive Coding
- Can Machines Identify Genres?
- Joint Modelling of Source Code and Natural Language
- Front end development for FOSSEE websites
- Institute Delivery System
- Capture The Swag
- Panorama in Cam-Scanner
- Poisson Solver with Image Editing
- Blind Source Separation
- FAQ Bot for Freshmen
- Capturing semantic structures in Neural Machine Translation
Spreading ‘rumours’ on devices connected to the same Wi-Fi via an app
This is a completely new project with no past work. The project will take the form of an app (android/ios).
Rumour can be an image, pdf or simply text. Users can choose to create rumours anonymously and then “spread” them anonymously. The interesting point is that rumours are spread over a wifi as a broadcast. All the users connected to the same wifi get the rumour on the phone. These rumours would be shown as a deck in a tinder like fashion. They can then choose to “spread” or “not spread” the rumour (in future when connected to another wifi) by swiping right or left. (Don’t know what the analogous gesture of superlike would mean here! xD) Because of spatial locality, the rumours are guaranteed to be interesting. This is basically like gossip but anonymous. Imagine when you are coming from wing to lecture hall, you carry along all the interesting stuff of hostels to be spread in the lecture hall.
Other non interesting but commercial uses include-
- sharing meaningful content and
- powerful advertisement space.
Prerequisites : Knowledge of app development highly recommended but not mandatory.