WnCC - Seasons of Code
Seasons of Code is a programme launched by WnCC along the lines of the Google Summer of Code. It provides one with an opprtunity to learn and participate in a variety of interesting projects under the mentorship of the very best in our institute.
List of Projects
- KontaKt App
- Sudoku Spoiler
- GLSL Raytracing
- Decentralized Land Registration on Ethereum
- Galactic Collision Simulator
- Competetive coding
- The Unreasonable Effectiveness of Recurrent Neural Networks
- Generating a human pose dataset using PC games
- Monte Carlo Path Tracing Renderer
- Tabbing App
- Geo-location Augmented Reality
- AR chess app
- Prevention of Sophisticated DoS attack / Network Security
- Winning a Deep Learning challenge
- Automated Fiducial Localisation from MRI/CT Images
- Panorama in Cam Scanner
- 3D Object Reconstruction from Single Image
- Statistical Modelling of Star Maps
- Face Recognition Systems
- Competitive Coding
- Can Machines Identify Genres?
- Joint Modelling of Source Code and Natural Language
- Front end development for FOSSEE websites
- Institute Delivery System
- Capture The Swag
- Panorama in Cam-Scanner
- Poisson Solver with Image Editing
- Blind Source Separation
- FAQ Bot for Freshmen
- Capturing semantic structures in Neural Machine Translation
This internship involves front-end development for various FOSSEE websites.
- Wireframe/layout a website or web application.
- Design and implement user-facing features considering rendering time and reusability of UI components.
- Optimize web applications to maximize speed and scale. Support diverse clients from high powered desktop computers to small footprint mobile devices.
- Write client-side code for web-based applications, create fast, easy-to- use, high volume production applications, and develop prototypes quickly.
- Create and edit PNG and JPEG images and/or take a PSD and turn it into a working website.
- Write HTML and CSS from scratch.
- Knowledge of Django/Python/PHP is required.
Improve three Django based websites
- Learnt the basics of Django
- Learnt CSS for styling
- Learnt Bootstrap
- Setup development environment
- Fetched multiple data sets for the website
- Website was very slow to load as data was fetched using search methods( defining models for each category and book).
- Fixed some minor errors like missing images, padding issues etc.
- Learnt git
- Learnt Ajax for fetching data faster on the website (Vidhan: Although I didn’t learn ajax in week0, but I guess it would’ve taken much lesser time to fetch data dynamically if I did.)
- Removed all previously defined models for searching in database, fetched all data with ajax( much faster, no lag issues.).
- Setup a textbox, to load example-code and execute it.
- Currently fixing navbar errors - Chapters and Books don’t load in same panel.
- Defined some jQuery functions to add div dynamically to rendered html.
- Loaded codes from example directory into textbox.
- Minor navbar issues still there. Started working on 2nd task while side by side debugging navbar issues of 1st task.
- Fetching results of loaded example by sending data to scilab app and then loading compiled code from app into result textbox.