WnCC - Seasons of Code
Seasons of Code is a programme launched by WnCC along the lines of the Google Summer of Code. It provides one with an opprtunity to learn and participate in a variety of interesting projects under the mentorship of the very best in our institute.
List of Projects
- Emoji Predictor
- FAQ Bot for Freshmen
- Capturing semantic structures in Neural Machine Translation
- Automated Fiducial Localisation from MRI/CT Images
- 3D Object Reconstruction from Single Image
- Statistical Modelling of Star Maps
- Face Recognition Systems
- Competitive Coding
- Can Machines Identify Genres?
- Monte Carlo Path Tracing Renderer
- Joint Modelling of Source Code and Natural Language
- Panorama in Cam Scanner
- Front end development for FOSSEE websites
- Institute Delivery System
- Capture The Swag
- Panorama in Cam-Scanner
- Poisson Solver with Image Editing
- Blind Source Separation
The project involves exploring various implementations of Independent Component Analysis on sound/images and demonstrating through an ipython notebook.
We explored two different approaches to the problem of separating sources of audio signals by minimizing the statistical dependence - fastICA and FOBI. A detailed explanation of the theory and the code can be found on the rendered notebook here. You can download and use the code and dataset from the repository. The notebook can also be found on the official iPython Wiki.