Python for Beginners
Python has two main versions: 2 and 3. While 2 is widely used, 3 is the future of Python. It is recommended to start with 2 (Python 3 has a few differences which should be irrelevant at this point). Also, a lot of third party packages are still incompatible with Python 3.
- CodeAcademy - Start with the free version here. It's got an online editor, so no installations required! (This teaches Python 2)
- Now install Python on your computer. Windows Ubuntu Mac
- Familiarize yourself with the IDLE from this video.
- Embark upon some simple Projects.
- Automate the Boring Stuff - A great resource to get started with different useful Python libraries to quickly perform day-to-day tasks.